Bluetooth Programming on Linux
Why do I care?
- Latest cellphone is non-android but with bluetooth
- gammu software gives access to cellphones by bluetooth
- Sadly my new Sumsung g404t cell phone is not supported by gammu
The Bluetooth wireless technology is a worldwide specification for a small-form factor, low-cost radio solution that provides links between mobile computers, mobile phones, other portable handheld devices, and connectivity to the Internet. The specification is developed, published and promoted by the Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG).
BlueZ provides support for the core Bluetooth layers and protocols. It is flexible, efficient and uses a modular implementation. It has many interesting features:
- Complete modular implementation
- Symmetric multi processing safe
- Multithreaded data processing
- Support for multiple Bluetooth devices
- Real hardware abstraction
- Standard socket interface to all layers
- Device and service level security support