Shellac Wood Finish
Rust-Oleum Zinsser 854 1-Quart Bulls Eye Sealcoat Universal Sanding Sealer
homesteadfinishingproducts.com shellac page
Dewaxed Shellac Flakes, Price per lb & 1/2 lb. page
Dewaxed Shellac Flakes, Price per lb & 1/2 lb.
- Super Blonde $18 / 1/2 lb
Anhydrous 200 Proof. Stay away from store bought alcohol. page
- 200 Proof Alcohol $12.95 / qt
Highly recommended for thinning Royal-Lac or Seal-Lac or as a shellac solvent. Our 200 proof alcohol has the most minimal percentage of water in comparison to store bought denatured alcohol that contain anywhere between 7-10% water.
The denatured alcohol that we use to manufacture Royal-Lac and Seal-Lac is what we offer you. If we are satisfied with its quality, you surely will be to!
For your Shellac Finishing Needs •• This is the Place!
Shellac is a good choice for furniture, small craft, and wood instruments because it is ..
- Beautiful, Lustrous
- Easy to apply
- Brush, Pad or Spray
- Dries within minutes
- Sticks to almost anything!
- Compatible with most other finishes
- Use a Dewaxed Shellac for a Universal Seal Coat or Sanding Sealer, and as a transitional coating between dissimilar finishes.
- Seals in minutes
- Can be recoated within 15-20 minutes if wiped
- Can be recoated within 2 hours if brushed
- Infinitely easier to rub out
- Easily repaired
- Has good clarity
- Completely reversible
- Feels well in the hand
- Offers a wide range of colors without sacrificing clarity
- Environmentally safe
- Once you shellac, ain’t no going back!
Shellac Flakes mixed in Denatured Alcohol